2011年12月3日

Writing Assignment 1 (2nd Version)

My Part-time Job Experience
     As many of my friends have a part-time job and share their experiences with me, I think maybe it will be a good opportunity to learn something new and make some pocket money at the same time. Fortunately, my cousin called me and asked if I want to be an English tutor in his cram school. I felt very lucky that I could have such a chance, so I accepted his offer immediately. Since then, I have worked as a tutor, teaching elementary school and junior high school students English for about one year. Also, I think that I have changed and learned a lot since I started to have a part-time job.
     First of all, I become much busier and I believe that this situation is many students who have a part-time job would encounter. As a result, the time management is very important to me now, and I have to know how to use my time well.
     Before I had this part-time job, I tended to be lazy as well as passive to get everything done. For example, I used to do the assignment the last few days before the deadline. What is worse, I used to prepare the midterm and final exam in a very short time only because I did not manage my study time beforehand. In order to be a good student and a good tutor; therefore, I need to be well prepared to do everything I should do, including my studies and my job. Now I am a more effective person and my academic performance is improved, too.
     In fact, I was a quite impatient person who always unwilling to do something unnecessary repeatedly. However, a good teacher or a responsible tutor should be patient as well as thoughtful to the students. Working as a tutor means you have to teach your students something they don’t know or confused until they can totally understand. This was truly a challenge to me, but I am more willing to explain a question to my students for several times now. Because when I see my students have great progress in English, I would feel very happy and proud of them. Knowing that I am being helpful for them also makes me feel satisfied with this job. I think it is all worth it and it is the greatest achievement of being a teacher, too.
     Another thing that I truly learned from this part-time job is the value of money. I once spent money improperly and bought something without serious consideration. Not until I started to work and make money did I realize that making money is not easy at all. Now I don’t want to spend my hard-earned money on something I don’t need it very much. For this reason, I cherish and feel gratitude for all I have today.
     Learning is a process of gaining knowledge, skills and values which can take place in and out of the classroom. In addition, we can learn from our friends, daily life and personal experiences. This part-time job has brought many experiences which I may not learn from any class. I think that I have learned some knowledge as well as values from my part-time job and it also has changed me into a better person.


沒有留言:

張貼留言